Wednesday 2 November 2016

The power of a minute

On 13th October, I set off to visit my mum and friends in Michigan. I was to spend the rest of my time with them up to 17th and then fly back to the springs. I must confess, I had an incredible moment with them.  Each day was filled with its own adventures and excitements. From the Hot Tub, to working out, visiting the sand dunes and walking around one of the great lakes (Lake Michigan). Most importantly, having conversations with people.

On the 17th, my friend Tyler got me to the airport so early. I had checked in on my phone, went through security and had to wait at the departure gate. The plane in which I was to fly in delayed and that changed everything about my schedule. I hoped I would be able to get hold of my connection flight in Texas but I could not. No sooner had we landed than my connection flight departed Texas.  It took only about 10 Minutes to miss my flight. It was sad to see my name on the screens showing those who missed their connection flights. It was late in the night and I had to spend a night in a hotel. Thankfully they put me onto the next flight that would leave at 6:57am.

As we flew in the morning, I began meditating on the power of a minute.  I realized that every minute is important. Friends you do not need a PHD to make an impact. Use the small increment of your time wisely. Remember, time is priceless, use every second to make a difference, impact, purpose or set a new goal. Commit your time to doing God’s will wherever your influence is. You do not need good looks or any special level of intelligence. We all get similar number of hours every day (24 hours). You can wreck or redeem a life in a few seconds. 5 Minutes are enough to show your character. When we missed a connection flight, you could not believe the bad words that were coming from the smartly dressed people including old people that commanded much respect. I do not use such words and so I can’t write them in this post.

Time is the most significant gift given to us; make significant choices. We have to use it carefully and intentionally ((Ephesians 5:15). If you are to serve, do it diligently.
Each minute is made up of seconds. Several minutes then make up an hour, which make days, months and years. Effective use of any minute is thus so important in any en-devour. I think when they say time waits for no man, it literally means “Use that minute effectively".  As you know time has no best ally and waits for no man. Will you focus for the moment and make good use of it? Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment