Tuesday 2 October 2018

Bring out your salt and Light!

The Bible calls us to be the salt and light of the world (Mathew 5:13-16). How can we be the salt to the world that is void of a good taste? How are we supposed to be the light in a place that seems to have so many dark spots? I will explain how in the proceeding paragraphs.

As the light, whoever see us should see how bright we are. Do we need to tell others, that hey I am ‘light’? I guess not. As far as I know, a little spark of light brightens an entire room. When a room gets bright, even the darkest spots get to be visible. Light never tells darkness that now that I have come you should flee. Simply put, light can not be hidden. If we were to be the light of the world, our titles would not mean anything much. All that would matter would be shining for Christ. I do not care about the title that you hold, Bishop or Apostle or Evangelist or simply Christian, I care if your light shines in all that you say or do.



Salt never boosts of being in the food.  Its taste is subject to the tester of food. We can boost speaking God’s word but if we utter it in a way that contradicts his loving kindness and mercy, we need to check ourselves.  I do not know how spiritual you may be or how much theological knowledge you claim to have. It is sad if you hold your opinions as gospel truth and demonize those with divergent opinions. The only truth that will always be is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If we eloquently preach other gospels, we need to divert our energy back to the right paths.


As Christians, I think that instead of condemning the sinner, we should be condemning sin. We should treat the sinners with Love and Grace. We ought to pray for the lost so that they may hear the word, know the Lord and accept him as their savior. Our conduct ought to show those in the darkness that they can enter into the bright light of the Lord. Our lives ought to be a testimony of the Lord’s goodness in our lives. As we enter this day, I pray that the Holy Spirit helps us to discern what he wants us to hear from all the information that we will see and share. It is my prayer that we get to be able to differentiate God’s Spirit from the enemy’s spirit? In Jesus’ name, I pray. Will you shine for Jesus today?


No comments:

Post a Comment